Submissions open for NastyWomenEverywhere are open on a rolling basis through January. We are accepting submissions from all artists, established or first-time, irrespective of gender, who have work relating to themes of women’s right and individual rights.
The work can be previously published, and artists retain all rights to the work.
What are we looking for?
We want to hear your voices and what women’s rights and individual right’s mean to you. It might be a small anecdote, a memory, a story that doesn’t on the surface appear to be at all political, but boiling beneath is the essence of something else. The Arts are about expanding our empathetic imagination, so the net is wide to “show don’t tell”.
Who are we taking submissions from?
Anyone and everyone with something to say. We have submissions coming in from people who have never written before through to authors with long lists of titles to their name. Young women, old men, mother’s, daughter’s, sister’s, brother’s, fathers are all sending their work, united in sharing their voice in solidarity for women’s rights. We all stand together.
- Nasty Women Everywhere is taking submissions from all artists, irrespective of gender, so long as the work is related to themes or issues of women’s rights.
- Multiple submissions now accepted – if you have a lot to say, who are we to stop you.
- Work may be previously published.
- We are totally ok for simultaneous submissions.
- Unfortunately at this stage we can only take work written in English, but if you would like to curate an online hub in your own language, please get in touch as we would love to support this.
- Artists retain the rights to their work after publication.
- Each work will be made available on a fee-to-read basis to raise funds for SafeSteps.org.au, 24/7 family violence response service.
- There is no payment to artists for their work.
- Artists take full responsibility for their work, including defamatory content and plagiarism.
- Work will be selected based on literary merit and relevance to the themes and issues of womens rights.
- The site will launch on the inauguration day (January 20th) with a selection of work, with further work to be added over the weeks that follow.
- Rolling submissions will be accepted throughout January, unless otherwise updated.
And, if you are interested, NastyWomenAmsterdam is taking international submissions, find out more here.